- Trojans open with a win at UCD.
- Vikings and Trinity in season opening thriller
- New IAFA Appointments
- 2017 Coaching Courses Announced
- Team Ireland Call Ups.
- AGM 2016 Review
- Boom in entries for 2017 European Club Competitions
- Volunteer role vacancies
- Junior Football 2016 Champions
- Record number of teams enter for the 2017 kitted football season
Boom in entries for 2017 European Club Competitions
- Updated: November 2, 2016
IFAF Europe confirmed today that 22 teams from 13 countries have applied to take part in the various European club competitions in 2017.
For the first time in a number of years, and reflecting the new sense of greater cooperation within Europe, entry to the competitions is being coordinated by IFAF Europe. The suite of competitions is as follows:
BIG6 – Europes premier professional club competition.
EFL – Mini league featuring clubs from stronger leagues.
Atlantic Cup – western European amateur teams.
IFAF Champions League – mainly amateur clubs from eastern/southern Europe.
Dublin Rebels will be the Irish entry into the Atlantic Cup, which will be hosted by IAFA. Belfast Trojans have also been put forward as a reserve entry depending on the final format of the competition.
IFAF Europe will now review the entries and formats of the competitions with a view to announcing the lineups in the coming weeks.