- Daniel Rooney – one of footballs greats.
- Trojans open with a win at UCD.
- Vikings and Trinity in season opening thriller
- New IAFA Appointments
- 2017 Coaching Courses Announced
- Team Ireland Call Ups.
- AGM 2016 Review
- Boom in entries for 2017 European Club Competitions
- Volunteer role vacancies
- Junior Football 2016 Champions
Record number of new teams apply to join IAFL
- Updated: October 22, 2012
The IAFL has received applications from seven (7) teams to play competitive football in 2013. This is the highest number of applications ever received in any year. The applicants are seeking to be included in the IAFL’s new second tier of competitive football – IAFL-1, where there are a minimum of 3 vacant spots due to the recent decision to expand the IAFL to a minimum of 16 teams for 2013. There are applications on hand from all 4 provinces. 5 of the teams are members clubs and 2 are University teams. One of the applicants, DCU Saints, is applying to return to the league after a 2 year absence. All of the other teams are newly formed or were formative members in 2012.
List of Applicants (in alphabetical order):
Dublin City University Saints
North Kildare Reapers
South Kildare Soldiers
University of Ulster Coleraine Elks