- Belfast Trojans competing in the Atlantic Cup
- Irish representatives elected to key positions at IFAF Congress in Paris
- 2016 Junior Football Season Kicked Off
- Start of Junior League 2016
- IFAF Congress this weekend
- New club applications open for 2017
- IAFA finishes biggest ever kitted season – the year in numbers.
- Donegal/Derry Vipers win IAFL2 Bowl
- Team Ireland play historic fixture away to the Netherlands.
- Team Ireland Flag Football gets ready for International Friendly Series
Record number of new teams apply to join IAFL
- Updated: October 22, 2012
The IAFL has received applications from seven (7) teams to play competitive football in 2013. This is the highest number of applications ever received in any year. The applicants are seeking to be included in the IAFL’s new second tier of competitive football – IAFL-1, where there are a minimum of 3 vacant spots due to the recent decision to expand the IAFL to a minimum of 16 teams for 2013. There are applications on hand from all 4 provinces. 5 of the teams are members clubs and 2 are University teams. One of the applicants, DCU Saints, is applying to return to the league after a 2 year absence. All of the other teams are newly formed or were formative members in 2012.
List of Applicants (in alphabetical order):
Dublin City University Saints
North Kildare Reapers
South Kildare Soldiers
University of Ulster Coleraine Elks