- AGM 2016 Review
- Boom in entries for 2017 European Club Competitions
- Volunteer role vacancies
- Junior Football 2016 Champions
- Record number of teams enter for the 2017 kitted football season
- Belfast Trojans competing in the Atlantic Cup
- Irish representatives elected to key positions at IFAF Congress in Paris
- 2016 Junior Football Season Kicked Off
- Start of Junior League 2016
- IFAF Congress this weekend
Update on status of proposed Navy v Notre Dame game.
- Updated: June 9, 2010
Official Status of Navy v Notre Dame game.
In recent months, there has been a lot of media speculation indicating that Navy will play Notre Dame in a college football (NCAA) fixture to be played in Ireland in September 2012.
The Irish American Football Asociation (IAFA) is supportive of any efforts to bring major American football events to Ireland as they generate a lot of beneficial exposure for the sport.
The media speculation surrounding this game is probably more advanced than the reality. Whereas the Navy athletic department has met with a representative of the IAFA Board and indicated that they are checking the feasibility of hosting their 2012 fixture against Notre Dame in Dublin, they have not yet submitted an application to have the game sanctioned. It is the IAFA’s understanding that the venue has not yet been chosen and no commercial agreements have been entered into.
The IAFA , as the Irish Sports Council and International Federation of American Football recognised National Governing Body, will be the sanctioning authority for any proposed fixture.